Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Big steps and current gear

In April 2005 I made the leap from a Sony DSC-P10 5-mega pixel camera to a Canon 20D. My kit also included the following lenses,
  • Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM and
  • Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM.
Yes, these are more professional lenses then one usually begins with. However, after paying out large sums of money to upgrade my P10 with extra lenses and adaptors to achieve only minimal gains in quality and utility I decide to buy what I wanted and what would make me happy with in the first place. Using this philosophy I have since added:
  • Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
  • Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM macro
  • Manfrotto tripod (055proB) and ballhead (486RC2)
  • Canon 2x extender Mark I
  • Shutter release (rs80n3)
  • Numerous CF cards
  • Lowepro and various camera bags
  • Battery Grip and extra battery
  • A large credit card bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home